Hello!! Thank you so much for stopping by on my day of the Typecast of Characters Blog Tour!
For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Jenn – graphic designer by day, modern quilter by night, and the maker behind Sew Fine Thread Gloss. I was very excited when my friend Sheri from Whole Circle Studio asked me to be part of this launch; I mean, look at the fellow quilters who have been part of this tour so far! I’m also a huge fan of English Paper Piecing (EPP) so being a member of this tour was right up my alley.
Its funny how my project came along, which is also the reason behind why my single V block and the finished mini quilt have different colours/fabrics. When I found out that my letter for the blog tour was V I knew that I was going to make a mini quilt wall hanging for my daughter Ava – making these personalized minis for my girls have been on my “must make” list for ages, so this was a fantastic opportunity to get one made. The wonderful folks at Paper Pieces also graciously sent me an A along with my V so that I could make this mini.
I had started by making the V block that is shown above in the flat lay photo. I had just ordered more of that glorious olive green print from Giucy Giuce’s Quantum collection, and LOVED how it paired with the peachy coral, but my daughter was… umm.. unfortunately not as in love with the combo as I was. 🙁 For anyone with pre-teen daughters who are rather independent, you’re probably saying to yourself, “duh! what did you expect – she wants to pick her own darn colours!“. So that she did, which leads us to the finished mini quilt.
Some simple quilting and a bold stripey binding and she loves the finished mini! I might still do some hand-quilting on the letters to make them more pronounced, but for now, its up on her wall and she’s happy!
I thought only having one A template was going to be a challenge, but the template paper is a great quality and stood up to multiple uses. I made the first A, then the V, sewed those two together, and then took the papers out of the A to start over on the second. I glue baste my blocks, but there was no tearing or unusual wear or ripping of the paper while removing them, which made making the second A a breeze. Its great to know that the template paper can stand up to multiple uses if taken care of!
Typecast of Characters Blog Tour schedule:
• Wednesday, March 27: Tour Introduction by Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 1 — A: Kate Brennan of Aurifil
• Tuesday, April 2 — B: Mathew Bourdreaux of Mister Domestic
• Wednesday, April 3 — C: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
• Thursday, April 4— D: Leah Day of Free Motion Quilting Project
• Friday, April 5 — Week 1 Wrap Up featuring A-D and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 8 — E: Jess Finn of Paper Pieces
• Tuesday, April 9 — F: Sylvia Schaefer of Flying Parrot Quilts
• Wednesday, April 10 — G: Giuseppe Ribaudo of Giucy Giuce
• Thursday, April 11— H: Hilary Jordan of By Hilary Jordan
• Friday, April 12 — Week 2 Wrap Up featuring E-H and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 15 — I: Kim Soper of Leland Ave Studios
• Tuesday, April 16 — J: Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl
• Wednesday, April 17 — K: Karen O’Connor of Lady K Quilts
• Thursday, April 18 — L: Kristy Daum of St. Louis Folk Victorian
• Friday, April 19 — Week 3 Wrap Up featuring I-L and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 22 — M: Molli Sparkles of Molli Sparkles
• Tuesday, April 23 — N: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
• Wednesday, April 24 — O: Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios
• Thursday, April 25 — P: Pat Sloan of Pat Sloan
• Friday, April 26 — Week 4 Wrap Up featuring M-P and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilts
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Lindsay Széchényi of Lindsay Széchényi (and Patchwork Threads)
• Tuesday, April 30 — R: Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop
• Wednesday, May 1 — S: Sarah Thomas of Sariditty
• Thursday, May 2 — T: Rachel Rossi of Rachel Rossi
• Friday, May 3— Week 4 Wrap Up featuring Q-T and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 6 — U: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
• Tuesday, May 7 — V: ME! You’re here – thanks for stopping by!
• Wednesday, May 8 — W: Jenny Meeker of Bobbin Roulette Studio
• Thursday, May 9 — X: Stephanie Kendron of Modern Sewciety
• Friday, May 10 — Week 5 Wrap Up featuring U-X and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 13 — Y: Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts
• Tuesday, May 14 — Z: Nisha Bouri and Kim Martucci of Brimfield Awakening
• Wednesday, May 15 — Week 6 Wrap Up featuring Y-Z, Tour closeout and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
If quilters are curious where they can get their own Typecast pattern, paper pieces and acrylic templates, here’s the scoop.. paper pieces, acrylic templates and hardcopies of the pattern guide are available at https://www.paperpieces.com/ and a pdf of the pattern guide is available at: https://shop.wholecirclestudio.com/
Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out Sheri’s IG posts on Friday as I may have donated a little prize pack for a lucky participant!
Enjoy the rest of the tour!